
Photograph by Carsten Peter, National Geographic
This is Nyiragongo Lava, Congo.
Cradling one of the world's largest and least studied lava lakes—more than 700 feet across and possibly miles deep—Nyiragongo has twice sent molten rock racing toward residents of Goma.
I think this picture is so so cool.
Aunty Peng Leng and Uncle Daniel were supposed to go visit some volcano in Indonesia once, but it erupted before they went, so the trip had to be cancelled. I think it's so cool. But I doubt I'd ever dare to go near an active volcano. Even though I guess I've been near to some dormant volcanoes in New Zealand, but it wasn't by choice. I didn't know until I was there. Haha.
Anyways, the CK ANNIVERSARY VIBE is getting to me.
Okay, not really, but kinda. :)
There seem to be so many, yet so little things to do for the committee before I leave :((((((
I'm going to miss being in the comm, bad :(
Being part of the comm gave me a wonderful sense of belonging.
And, we should have a comm photo!
We haven't had one this year.
I shall tell Cheryl :)
Cheryl's just awesome :)
I can't wait to spam pictures here.
If I manage to get down to it, anyway :)
No comments:
Post a Comment